Summer is finally here! The grills are heating up and the ovens are going dormant for the summer.
If your home is small like ours, or even if it is a large home, the last thing you want to do during the summer is turn on the oven to make a meal. That one meal can heat the whole house for hours. I love the fresh air and hate to have to turn on the air conditioning when it is a perfect day outside.
Nothing like a pot of boiling water caking the windows with moisture.
Let’s avoid that this summer.
Here’s a dish you can make without the use of your stove, oven, microwave, or even grill. Unless you buy bacon that isn’t already cooked. That’s your own fault then.
Yes. I hate making bacon. For some reason a pan of baking in front of me will only smoke and set the fire alarm off.
This BLT Chopped Salad is slightly adapted from my favorite food blogger, How Sweet It Is. The salad has 34 grams of fat in it. But wait. 23 grams of it are unsaturated fats–the heart healthy kind. Holy heart healthy! This salad also packs in 2.25 servings of vegetables. Did you know that the American Institute for Cancer Research recommends 6-9 servings of fruits and vegetables EACH day.
Better get moving.
BLT Chopped Salad
By May 24, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
Nutrition Facts, per serving: 467 calories, 34 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 19 g monounsaturated fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 43 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 1015 mg potassium, 31 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 19 g protein.
- 2 cups butter lettuce chopped
- 2 cups spring lettuce mix chopped
- 1 roma tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Layer the lettuce on a large plate. Sprinkle the tomatoes, bacon, corn, avocado, and feta.
- To make the dressing, in a small dish, add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh squeezed lime. Stir until well combined. Drizzle evenly over the two salad. Enjoy!
- Course: Entrée
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress